10 Things I learned from “Night Crawler”
1. Psychopathic behaviour brings about results. And by that I mean one track mind on a goal. Most people say they want something but few are able to focus and stay the course. I believe that the main character, though psychopathic, brings something that is overlooked to the table. He is motivated, focused and relentless. Though I find him funny in dark way of sorts, he reveals a certain vulnerability that is enchanting. He is willing to do whatever it takes to succeed, sometimes it means humbling yourself to suck some butt to get things done. His humility, though sick, it is admirable. Totally required for success, being able to be humble and recognize when you need others to succeed and you can’t make it on your own. The main character, though psycho, is inspiring.
2. Not be afraid of confrontation. Fighting others can be real growing up stage. Don’t be afraid to push for what you want. It is a test. Success is testing you to see if you can afford to confront others and get through. In the movie, he confronts people as sees them as stepping stones in his success. Personally I would take that with a pinch of salt but you don’t want to be afraid to when it comes to approaching people to get your goals. I would not encourage to look at people like objects like the character does though. But I do believe you want the company of like minded individuals you can draw from a inspiration for you goals. You can feed off each other. Most guys hang around a crew that doesn’t support their goals. Get to the people that can get things done for you and when you are there, not be afraid of confrontation.
3. Welcome the challenge. Imagine you want to succeed but want to stay in comfort zone. Is that a contradiction or what? Actually the fear coming from the challenge is the juice that will feed your success. Fear tells you you are on the path to success. The main character is fearless because psychos don’t see danger, they are reckless. He almost kills himself by driving like a maniac. Again, take that one with a pinch of salt. You need to speed up the challenge ladder. We need some recklessness. We need some chaos. It is the way life is telling you you are on the road to success. Unless you are being challenged you won’t succeed.
4. Be deliberately ignorant of the people and society. Again, this killer in the movie crosses boundaries all the time and gets shit done. Somehow you need to do that. Most of these boundaries you have are self made. For example, guys tell themselves “I won’t approach couples but I would not want to steal the guys girlfriend”. Being the good Samaritan here. It doesn’t work that way. Most “couples” are not together. Even couples making out are not boyfriend and girlfriend. They are just random people that just met in the club. But you need to cross that internal limit you set for yourself. Be ignorant of the “rules”.
5. No social life. It is overrated. If you want to succeed big some things must die. You can get them back up to life again once you achieved but you must stay in the flow. To do that, you must let go of certain things until your ultimate goal is accomplished. You can see in the movie how single minded he is as psycho and why he is able to catch the best footage out there. Everything else dies when he is in pursuit of his goal. That’s why he is the first man through the door. Others come second to him. He doesn’t have a life. Having a life is over rated. Sad truth is that highly successful people don’t have a life. Again some things must die. You need to throw your mom under a bus to get your goals you must do it, so to speak. You need to be fierce because other’s demise is your salvation. I am joking, maybe. When I started out in the game, I lost all my friends. I was too busy going out. I realize in hindsight, I kind of outgrew their friendship. They were not motivated to succeed. My best friends today we have met in the field. Cold approaching is so hard that very few survive. Those that survive are quality people. You can’t survive the amount of rejections you get out there if you are not on the path to personal growth.
(to be continued….in Part II next week)
Relationship Advice: Christmas Shopping for Your Girlfriend
If you think giving her good sex will keep her around forever, better think again. Women pay attention to how you behave in major anniversaries. That’s why Valentine’s day, New Years Eve and so forth become relationship “barometers”. Women measure where they are in the relationship. If you are in a long term relationship, and you want to keep it that way, you want to pay attention when they are paying attention.
As we have discussed before women want to see if you “care”. Men tend to relax in relationship and take it for granted. Women hate that. Again, don’t become a girlfriend “pleaser” because that behaviour is punished too. Find that fine line.
What to buy on Christmas ?
Can’t go wrong with handbags. women spend top dollar on handbags and can’t get enough of them. My ex bought once a 800 gbp hand bag made with snakeskin and all kinds of accessories. When asked why? She claimed she felt down that day and needed boost in morale. That’s it. No logical reason to drop that much cash. It was her money anyway and I didn’t care at the time. But you want to “care”.
Pay attention. See what kind of handbags she has. Does she have the ones that sling or does she have a clutch? This information is important.
Warning: If you are told what to buy her, stick with that. Once I was told about a perfume she liked. It was her “hint” to buy her that on valentine’s day. Go with that and don’t risk anything else. Remember that you have no clue about what women want. Why? Because you are a man.
Back to the bags. Most women won’t sling their bags on a night out. They want to look classy and carry something lighter like a clutch. You can get a clutch bag on the internet for as little as 25 pounds. However, you don’t want to go on the cheap on this one. A top brand bag will set you back a couple of hundred dollars at least. Don’t cheap out. This is an investment, not a buy. You are investing in the relationship. That’s how they see it anyway. Look, like most guys who don’t have money for diamonds, you need to be smart.
Colours are important in handbags. Too colourful reeks of cheapness and lack of taste. When it comes to hand bags, women prefer aside from classic black, colours that seem understated. Mushroom, black and other type of understated colours might make a girl happy and you into a “classy” guy. She will show it off to her friends. Her friends being key here. Her friends tell her how “good a boyfriend” she has and how grateful she should be. Never underestimate her friends as her sole source of relationship advice and support. They are more important than the girl. Again this applies to girlfriends which you intend to keep, not other type of arrangements.
Anyway, I am out.
Glad to be back in the article rotation.